Sunday, May 3, 2009

Titles for Exhibit

ps to my last post:

Titles are so often difficult! But, because of the idea of voices, layers, and other things, that were mentioned in class last Monday, I've started noticing things that may go along with that idea. I was reading a poem this past week by Nick Flynn, called "Radio Thin Air." In it he says, "Marconi believed/we are wrapped in voices." And I just wanted to share that with everyone, because I loved that, "wrapped in voices," and the idea that in all these oral histories, there are many voices surfacing, and those who experience those stories and who are drawn into them, are literally wrapped in the voices that speak them.

Anyway, just wanted to share that!

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Megan. I love, "wrapped in voices." Can it somehow have a history element to it to? Or maybe, "Wrapped in Voices: Oral History" or something? Titles are hard, but I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea, too. It gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete